Are you ready to let the latest video marketing statistics inform your strategy for 2020? If yes, our fresh infographic is waiting for you below and you can jump straight into it.
In recent years, video content has been reaching levels of popularity never seen before. From social media to websites, to video-sharing platforms like YouTube and Vimeo, it is now permeating every corner of the online world. Companies are adapting to this new landscape by weaving video content into their marketing strategies.
The success of their strategies depends on the accuracy of the statistics they are based on. Sure, it’s nice to know that videos are popular. But unless you know what types of videos work in marketing, or when and where to post those videos for best results, your efforts will be in vain. Thus, it’s more important than ever to stay informed of the latest trends, and even better — know what’s lying ahead.
In case you’re still hesitant to give video marketing a shot or wonder why statistics even matter, then read on!
To give you a delicious dose of fresh statistics, we sent surveys to Renderforest users, just like we did last year. After all, who knows more about video marketing than those who actually do it? Our infographic is based on the responses of more than 1000 participants.
Enjoy your read and come up with an awesome video marketing strategy based on these statistics.
Use this HTML code to share the infographic on your website:
Benefits of Video Content
- 70% of businesses say that videos boost brand awareness.
- 51% of businesses agree that videos increase traffic.
- Videos help businesses get 66% more qualified leads.
- 44% of people are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it.
- 85% of people say that videos help them connect with brands more effectively.
- 85% of businesses use video in marketing.
- 88% of businesses that use video report a positive ROI.
Types of Videos
- Explainers are the most common types of marketing videos. 62% of businesses use explainer videos. 82% of B2B businesses use explainer videos.
- 46% use logo animations in their videos.
- 38% use video advertisements.
- 33% create demo videos.
- Promotional videos receive the least engagement online. 44% of businesses say informative videos perform the best, while 37% find entertaining videos to be the most effective.
- 80% of major brands use stories on social media.
- 43% of users enjoy watching live stories, 30% watch live events, 27% — webinars.
- Consumers say video ads are #1 way they discover new brands to buy from.
- 94% of people watch explainer videos to understand a product or service better.
- 58% of B2B businesses use logo animations in their videos.
- 93% of millennials watch how-to videos on YouTube.
Videos and Platforms
- 71% of businesses post their videos to social media, 63% post them to YouTube, 50% — to their website, and 11% — to Vimeo.
- 58% of businesses have a video on their homepage.
- Users spend up to 88% more time on websites with videos.
- Videos on landing pages increase conversions by up to 86%.
- 44% of people say they would watch a video included in an email.
- Including videos in email increases clickthrough rates by up to 300%.
- As of now, only 25% of businesses use video in email marketing.
Videos on Social Media
- 81% of users say they prefer videos on social media over other content types. Images come next, with 68% preference, and text posts come third (31%).
- 75% of people are more likely to follow a brand’s social media page if it has video content.
- 74% of businesses say that videos receive the most engagement on social media.
- 56% of businesses post up to 5 videos to social media every month, 30% post more.
- 90% of people watch videos on YouTube, 51% watch videos on Facebook, 38% on Instagram.
- On Facebook, native videos receive up to 8x higher engagement than those shared from YouTube.
- Posting previews increases viewership by around 300% on IGTV.
- Video traffic will make up 82% of all consumer traffic by the year 2022.
- More than 1 billion hours of video are played on YouTube every day.
- YouTube videos are watched most from 8 pm to 11 pm.
- 43% of users watch up to 30 minutes, 34% from 30 minutes to an hour, and 23% more than an hour of video every day.
- Mobile phones are the most common device people use for watching videos. 63% watch videos primarily on mobile, 30% on laptop or PC, and 7% on tablet.
- 47% of businesses say that 1-2 minute videos perform best on social media.
- 65% of people are more likely to watch a long video than read a long article.
- 30 seconds is the best length for Instagram videos, 45 seconds for Twitter videos, and 1 minute for Facebook. Longer videos perform best on YouTube.
Solutions for Video
- 75% of businesses use online platforms to make videos; 16% have a design team; the rest hire a freelancer or an agency.
- 86% of businesses would like to post more video content.
- Common obstacles to creating more videos are affordability (56%), lack of time (31%), and the effort video creation requires (13%).
- 97% of businesses say video content will be a priority for them in 2020.
Now you own all the necessary info to boost your marketing efforts with winning video content. Choose one of our templates and create an engaging video today!